Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Beginning of an era (or a series of blogs, at the very least.....)


Skin Cancer

It's such an intimidating series of words, yet no-one seems to take them seriously.  Skin Cancer is the leading cause of Cancer deaths amongst the 20-35 age range.  If that doesn't scream 'Take me seriously, you biatch!', I don't know what does.

Two weeks ago, I noticed a mole begin to change.  I've had this particular mole my entire life, and am quite familiar with what it normally looks like - and this definately isn't normal.  Now, am I saying it's cancer? Possibly.  However, as I've been made aware, it could also be absolutely fine and won't know for sure until I go to the Dr. in a week or so (Curse you, lack of vehicle!!).  It was enough to make me take notice, and introduce me into the world of Skin Cancers.

My intentions for this blog: Raise Awareness.    I know, I know - it sounds ridiculously cheesy for someone like me, but it's honest.  I'm all about the honesty factor right now. Well, that an cursing like sailor - it's sort of my thing. 

I want people to understand what Skin Cancers look like, so they know what to watch out for.

I want people to know that Skin Cancer is highly preventable (though not always) by just a few slight actions.

I want to be a voice for those who have Skin Cancer, those who sometimes get ignore because 'Skin Cancer isn't a serious cancer, like, you know, Lung Cancer'    (sounds stupid, but I've heard it said before).



So buckle your seatbelts, kids.  This is going to be a wild ride.



or an absolutely boring one.  What the hell do I know?

-sunnylikesunshine


EDITED: I'll also occasionally slip in a post that is about my daily rantings, or maybe a YouTube video that I'm obsessed with.  Also, memes.  I <3 them - and will share them with you at times =]

No comments:

Post a Comment